Must be New York City based
Nlumec is currently seeking a highly motivated, design-driven, dependable, and enthusiastic studio intern for the fall. Nlumec is a rapidly expanding hand-made beeswax candle brand that pays homage to architectural forms in each design. The brand considers itself an anti-form gesture as well as an attack on minimalist aesthetics. The company HQ is located in DUMBO/South Brooklyn, within walking distance from the water and a knockout view of the New York City skyline.
The Nlumec studio, run by founder Camila Navas and co-founder Alejandro Corpus, is seeking someone to join the team and assist the CEO in production, administrative, and social media-related tasks for the fall (with the potential to extend). Ideal candidates will have an art history, art, industrial design, architecture, or interior design background. The ideal intern must be detail-oriented and interested in gaining hands-on experience in sculptural design and production. We are looking for someone who is organized, creative, and dedicated to assisting Camila with creating Nlumec art.
Position is twice a week, 4-5 hours per day (flexible)
- Assisting CEO with any and all design and production needs including, but not limited to, research and development
- Administrative tasks as assigned by CEO
- Packing and shipping
- Assisting with deliveries
- Corresponding with galleries, material providers, potential storefronts
- Assisting with marketing (knowledge of excel is a plus)
- Assisting with social media
- Art handling, photography, photo-editing
- Helping to maintain a clean and organized studio space
- Helping with customer service as needed
- Opportunity to grow within a start-up environment, network with design industry professionals, and learn business development skills
- Interns may be asked to accompany CEO to scout out new design areas, museum stores, draw inso from museum exhibits, correspond with museum
- Ideal candidate is a current student studying Art History, Art, Industrial Design, Architecture, or Interior Design with an interest in gaining hands-on experience in sculptural art production
- Ideal candidate is seeking college credit
- Social media savvy is a plus (TikTok is ideal)
- Creativity, drive, and a detail-oriented mindset are musts!
- This internship is in person, primarily at the Nlumec HQ in South Brooklyn. We will provide a subway card if required for transit
- Lunch will be provided or paid for
- We will work with you to ensure this internship qualifies for college course credit (with potential to become a permanent, paid team member)
- We are energetic, young, art-loving, brand founders excited to welcome someone new to the team!